Pemberville Village Council Minutes
of 4/16/02


Mayor Oberhouse called the regular meeting of Council to order on Tuesday, April 16th, 2002 at 7:30 p.m.  Starting time was delayed until 8:15 p.m., awaiting the arrival of a fourth Council member.   

Present for roll call were Vandersall, Mazur, Brann, and Sharp.  Panning and Wegman were absent.  Also attending the meeting were Police Chief, Dan O’Connor; Planning Commission Chairman, David Foulke; BPA Members, Homer Johnson and Charles Aring; and Polly Weitzel from the Sentinel-Tribune.

The minutes from April 2nd, 2002 were reviewed.  As there were no additions or corrections, the minutes were approved as submitted.

Bills in the amount of $105,931.55 were presented for approval of payment.  Sharp moved, seconded by Vandersall, to approve payment of the bills.  The motion carried unanimously.

BPA—Asked for approval to spend $32,000.00 to televise and grout the sanitary sewer lines on Forrest Avenue and East Street and clean and televise the sanitary sewer lines on Bierley Avenue, Columbus Avenue, Water Street, and Bridge Street.  The Clerk said the money could come from the Permanent Improvement Fund.  Their goal is to inspect all the old sewer lines in town and make sure they are in good shape.

The lift station on Bridge Street will need to be replaced in the near future and the sewer line on Joyce Avenue is in bad shape and will also have to be replaced.  It was thought to try for grant money for the sewer line replacement.

Beth Downey, Swimming Pool Board President, inquired if the Committee for the pool has been established and when they will be meeting.  Vandersall will look into it and Mazur volunteered to help.

The Annual Joint Cemetery meeting will be held during the May 7th Council meeting at 8:00 p.m.

MAYOR: The certified railroad count for Forrest Avenue has been sent to PUCO.

Solicitor Marsh is still waiting for a description from Poggemeyer Design for the Keller property.  

Proclamations have been made up for Library Week and Arbor Day.

The Wood County Mayors Association meeting is April 30th in Fostoria.

Received a letter expressing appreciation for the people who pass laws from Ken Finley’s Bethlehem Lutheran Sunday School class.

Talked with Elaine Buchman, 412 Perry Street, and looked at the markings for the right-of-way in front of her house to be cleared and stoned.  The Mayor recommends removing shrubs on the east side and the maple tree on the curve and nothing off the west side.  Also, make the width twelve feet, the same as the existing driveway.  It was decided to stop the driveway at the Buchman property line.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

SHARP:  Checked on the new utility building two weeks ago and Jeff Bourdo is keeping track of what is going on.  Downspouts were not part of the original specs and a change order was submitted for $1,900.00.  Sharp moved to approve the change order of $1,900.00 to tie in the downspouts.  Seconded by Brann, the motion carried unanimously.

Will try to get the Park Board organized next week.

Charles Aring questioned plans for the Pemberville Website.  He said it has a good start but feels it needs to be updated and include a BPA/utility section.

As there was no further business to be brought before Council at this time, Brann moved, seconded by Vandersall, to adjourn the meeting at 9:25 p.m.